Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
UK Vans RV Forum
Welcome to the UK Vans RV Pilots & Builders Forum.
19.05.2024 at 10:10:30
News: Welcome to the RV (UK) Forum, Registration is manual to keep away spammers.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Vans Aircraft Rally St Brieuc (Read 3771 times)
bob carswell
YaBB Newbies

Why not describe
your RV construction
experience?

Vans Aircraft Rally St Brieuc
02.06.2009 at 21:50:16

St Brieuc Rally 12th to 14th June any one looking to go to this event or been to one before, would appreiciate any guidance on taking an RV across to France.

IP Logged
Tim Richardson
RV Moderator

RV7 - Builder
Flying. Hampshire,
England.

Re: Vans Aircraft Rally St Brieuc
Reply #1 - 02.06.2009 at 22:58:55

Bob,

I am planning to go, however I will only be going on Sunday as I have other commitments Saturday. I have been to 3 of the RV France events. Always well attended and organised. Have you registered as you can fly in direct if you do. Have you seen their website  ( http://www.vansclubdefrance.fr/ )?

Here are some pictures from 2006 http://www.go-7.co.uk/other/LeBaule06/index.htm  

France in a permit a/c is straighforward however if you are planning to stop over on Jersey for cheap fuel you need permission. A topic on this board gives you an example request.

Does that cover your question?

Tim

RV7 G-OVII Permit: 23-Feb-07 Flight Hrs:352
Great Lakes 2T-1A-2 G-GLII Permit: 15-Jun-11 Hrs:44.5
RV4 awaiting permit, Carbon Cub under-construction, RV8 kit just purchased.
Email WWW   IP Logged
bob carswell
YaBB Newbies

Why not describe
your RV construction
experience?

Reply #2 - 03.06.2009 at 21:41:13

Thanks Tim for posting a reply, those pictures suggest the event could be quite cosmopolitan and it would be something to participate alongside other like minded RVators.

As you have done this before and its some time since I went over the channel what is the score regarding customs and imigration formalities here and during the flyin?

Re excemption for Channel Islands, I requested that last Sunday giving info as per Channel Islands Notam C2412/09 sending them scanned copies of documents required and received back confirmation straight away, a very efficient service.

I've not registered yet still sitting slightly on the fence on whether to go, probably a single day as yourself would do for a first go.

IP Logged
Tim Richardson
RV Moderator

RV7 - Builder
Flying. Hampshire,
England.

Reply #3 - 09.06.2009 at 08:17:53

Bob,

The only formality you have is to land at a Customs airfield. For the event they have customs facilities ( don't think they do normally) so you can fly direct.

I am altering my plans to go Saturday return Sunday. Not sure of my route yet - IOW Cherbourg or Lydd. Waiting to see what the weather is going to do! Looking at the people booked in for the event it will be a big gathering - why I have just cancelled my Saturday event. It's not going to be one to miss, come along. Where would you depart from?

http://www.vansclubdefrance.fr/docs/StBrieuc2009_2ndAnnouncement.pdf

Tim

Email WWW   IP Logged
bob carswell
YaBB Newbies

Why not describe
your RV construction
experience?

Reply #4 - 09.06.2009 at 19:55:23

Thanks again Tim for reply.

I have registered with intention to fly over and return Saturday as my passenger does not want to stay overnight.  Departure from EGTP Perranporth and depending on the weather will be looking to either straight over or across to Start Point and dct Skerry through Jersey Zone and dct LFRT.

Its many years since went 'foreign' and a touch rusty on up to date procedures and requirements and trying this week to gather everything together.   As a question, can you help with what documents should be avaible to be produced should some offical person take an interest I know when one takes a yacht across to France there is a requirement for just about everything including evidence of VAT being paid on which I can find nothing about how to prove VAT has been paid on the RV.

Bob

IP Logged
Tim Richardson
RV Moderator

RV7 - Builder
Flying. Hampshire,
England.

Reply #5 - 09.06.2009 at 21:41:45

Bob,

I take : Licence, Registration, Permit, Certificate of validity (permit), insurance, radio licence.

Regards,

Tim

Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print