Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
UK Vans RV Forum
Welcome to the UK Vans RV Pilots & Builders Forum.
19.05.2024 at 11:45:55
News: Welcome to the UK Vans Builder & Pilot Forum. Here you will be able to contact past and present RV builders.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
It's Started (Read 3145 times)
Mike Newall

A330 Capt, Builder,

It's Started
21.06.2009 at 18:24:36

Spent the weekend clearing the workshop and garage - the builders move in in 2 weeks and no, I'm not prepared.

I have had a good workshop for 12 years - 22' x 14' plus tandem garage space but next door had this huge edifice built about 5 years ago.  39' x 23' on 2 floors it gives a great workshop downstairs and office/storage upstairs.

Well, we decided that as I needed more space and she wants to paint more now 'technical' retirement looms (bus pass time), we would do the same.

So........................

Once again, the RV gets delayed, it is all being packed up and shifted around to the hangar 3 miles away until the new workshop is done - should be 2 months.

I will post photos when it is done  Cool

One day this damn thing will fly, honestly !

7 Flying !, 8 in both workshops. Next one will be quicker, simpler, better. But they all say that, don't they ?
Email   IP Logged
Mark Browning

RV-7 I0360 G-IVII
 Flying, Built
G-LNNE

Re: It's Started
Reply #1 - 22.06.2009 at 09:49:30

Mike  
Two months in RV construction time is a drop in the ocean .... I’ve been building for six years and although I think it’s going to be six months or so before she’s ready that could quite easily go to twelve so in truth I don’t really know  undecided  
If you need a hand with moving to the hanger just give me a shout I’m free Friday & Saturday this week  

Mark

Email   IP Logged
Simon Ring

At the planning
stage, reviewing
everything

Re: It's Started
Reply #2 - 22.06.2009 at 20:47:45

Mike,

Moving whether its house or in your case workshop can be stressful at the best of times. However, knowing what is available at the end of it all won't make it seem too bad I should image.  

Good luck and all the best.
regards
Simon

Decided on -7 but being swayed towards an 8, Newark, Notts
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print