Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
UK Vans RV Forum
Welcome to the UK Vans RV Pilots & Builders Forum.
06.05.2024 at 19:45:44
News: Welcome to the RV (UK) Forum, Registration is manual to keep away spammers.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Registering an ELT (Read 7882 times)
Richard_Smith
YaBB Newbies

Why not describe
your RV construction
experience?

Registering an ELT
05.11.2011 at 16:09:41

My RV12 has a standard kit supplied ME40 ELT. Has anyone any experience of registering with the UK authorities a US Hex ID ELT.
I have also emailed Kinloss for advice. Their form asks for a UK Hex ID with 15 character code and mine has a 16 character Hex code.
Filling in time waiting for my Permit to Fly to arrive!

Email   IP Logged
DaveGill
YaBB Newbies

Re: Registering an ELT
Reply #1 - 21.11.2011 at 15:57:28

You can't register a US coded device in the UK. There are 2 options.

RV-9 G-RVDG, IO-320
Email   IP Logged
Richard_Smith
YaBB Newbies

Why not describe
your RV construction
experience?

Re: Registering an ELT
Reply #2 - 22.11.2011 at 17:02:58

Thank you Dave for your response.
I fully agree with you and had an interesting conversation with COSPAS at RAF Kinloss who made it clear that there are real advantages by registering with them if you are a UK resident, mainly because when an emergency signal is received the 'registered Country" is contacted to pass on to the the 'nearest and deares't the information, much easier for all if a UK ELT is registered in the UK for all sorts of reasons.
Another development is that I have had a response from Vans who didn't appreciate the problem that us UK guys have as a result of them shipping a US coded ELT and have offered to pay for me to have it recoded to a UK Hex code. Good news for RV12 owners.

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print