Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
UK Vans RV Forum
Welcome to the UK Vans RV Pilots & Builders Forum.
19.05.2024 at 10:10:25
News: Welcome to the Vans UK Builder & Pilot Forum - To register email admin [at] rvforum.co.uk .
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
RV10 UK Websites? (Read 4304 times)
John_Ferguson
Ex Member

RV10 UK Websites?
31.10.2009 at 11:03:51

Have any of the UK RV10 builders created a build website?
I am keen to see what differences, if any, they are having building under the LAA system.
John

IP Logged
Mark Browning

RV-7 I0360 G-IVII
 Flying, Built
G-LNNE

Re: RV10 UK Websites?
Reply #1 - 12.11.2009 at 22:26:41

Hi John  

I am not aware of any just yet but interestingly I noticed in this month’s LAA magazine Richard Horan  
Has registered an Rv-10 project.  

Richard was previously building a seven and has a really good web site called Dignity similar to the famous Dan Checkoway in the United States
Richard had similar problems to Dan with our version of tyre kickers disrupting his life and build.  
It would be great to see an RV-10 project build site; although I’m not sure if Richard would be prepared to do it again.  Here’s hoping he does. Smiley    

Email   IP Logged
Simon Ring

At the planning
stage, reviewing
everything

Reply #2 - 13.11.2009 at 16:11:35

Hi John,

like Mark has stated I too am not aware of any Uk sites, however I have been reading with interest lately this one from the states. http://www.myrv10.com/

It may be of interest to you and others.

Best regards

Simon

Decided on -7 but being swayed towards an 8, Newark, Notts
Email   IP Logged
John_Ferguson
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 13.11.2009 at 16:25:15

Mark and Simon,
Thank for your replies.
I have been trawling the net for the last few weeks and have a good selection US websites which have been really helpfull.

I was hoping that there might have been a UK builders site so I could get more of an idea of the problems when dealing with the US for most of the purchases.  
I already have to buy parts from the States for my Commander and I know the hassle it can make.  
I have no fears of building the plane, I have already built a previous aircraft albeit not a Vans http://www.g8stw.demon.co.uk/pioneer/index.html .  
What I do worry about all the shipping and getting everything here un-damaged.  
I also have concerns about the shipping and customs charges (which I guess end up as a significant part of the final costs).  

Can anyone tell me what I should budget for shipping and taxes for an RV10?

John

IP Logged
John Michie
YaBB Newbies

Why not describe
your RV construction
experience?

Reply #4 - 13.11.2009 at 20:15:20

Big Misters will be able to arrange transport and clearances, or at least advise. Look up the RVUK website for a link, or if not there put a note on the RVSqn notice board (which they read).

John Michie

IP Logged
Martin Hutton

RV10 - Emp done,
wings almost, Fuse
started

Reply #5 - 18.11.2009 at 08:27:25

Hi John

I am currently well underway with the build of my RV10 and you are more than welcome to call in and see the build for yourself although I appreciate the  distance between York and Suffolk. However I work next door to Sherburn airfield so if you fancied a fly up Im sure transport to and from York could be arranged. I have completed the tail and well underway with the wings with only the flaps to go before I start the fuselage. All slow build and I cant wait to get my teeth into the fuselage.

As for RV10 UK web sites I am not aware of any and I have frequented a few of the American ones which have been very helpful and as far as I can tell there are not many differences. It seems the only differences are down to the equipment you would like in your aircraft and which ones are approved by the LAA.

So if I can be of any help just drop me a PM.

Best regards
Martin

IP Logged
John_Ferguson
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 18.11.2009 at 21:36:48

Thank you for your kind offer Martin and we may well take you up on it in the new year.

I also noticed that the LAA rear seat mod for the RV10 was originally done by Richard Garforth who I have spoken to in the past.  
I believe he is at Southend so I may also try to contact him.

I am in the planning stage at the moment so have plenty of time to investigate what I will be letting myself in for.

John

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print