Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
UK Vans RV Forum
Welcome to the UK Vans RV Pilots & Builders Forum.
19.05.2024 at 10:39:21
News: Welcome to the UK Vans Builder & Pilot Forum. Here you will be able to contact past and present RV builders.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Introduction (Read 2042 times)
John_Ferguson
Ex Member

Introduction
31.10.2009 at 10:13:17

Hi All,
I have just joined this forum and thought that I should Introduce myself.

I am a design engineer for a semi-conductor manufacture based in Cambridge.  
I live in Clare in Suffolk and have had a PPL since the early 70's.  
I currently own a Commander 114B which is based at Andrewsfield in Essex and which I share with my wife Jackie who also has her PPL.

We have been talking about building an RV10 for the last few months now and have now started to research our new project.  

In 2006 I did consider building a RV9 and was kindly given a lot of guidence by Malcolm Lister who has (had?) a Vans based at Crowfield in Suffolk.  
At the time, I wanted to get something flying quite quickly so I ended up building a Pioneer 300 (which I really enjoyed) and the build of a Van's aircraft had to be put on hold.  

As it turned out, the Pioneer was not the right aircraft for us and so we bought the Commander. We have had some great trips in the Commander, and we like to take friends with us on trips. Because of this, we need a four seat plus full fuel and luggage capability, hence the RV10.

For me the build is a major part of wanting to do this again, I so enjoyed building my Pioneer that once it was finished I did not know what to do with my time, it was so consuming. I can't wait to get started again.

I am sure I will have lots of questions and hope in return I might be able to give something back.

John Ferguson

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print