Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
UK Vans RV Forum
Welcome to the UK Vans RV Pilots & Builders Forum.
18.05.2024 at 08:33:52
News: New board SHIPPING added to help RV builders manage their shipping from Vans.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
dimple die (Read 3873 times)
steve beard
YaBB Newbies

rebuilding RV6

dimple die
26.11.2009 at 21:52:35

hi could someone advise me what dimple die i need for my DRDT2 dimpler, as it does not specify what type to use for my RV6 ailerons. Also what is the difference between a dimple die and a spring back dimple die?  
regards
steve

IP Logged
bobpipedream
YaBB Newbies

RV6 - the long walk

Re: dimple die
Reply #1 - 27.11.2009 at 12:46:27

Hi Steve,

Do not know much about the DRT thingy, but you will need 3/32 dimple dies for the ailerons and for other things also get 1/8 dimple dies. Spring backs are a bit better as they over dimple (or doa bit different angle?) to ensure that everything sits more flush when done.

If you need a wing jig, mine will be available to pick up week after next - free of course.

Email   IP Logged
steve beard
YaBB Newbies

rebuilding RV6

Reply #2 - 27.11.2009 at 20:47:57

hi bob thanks for the reply i will look a getting a set of spring back dimple dies and rivet sets then. i will contact you in a few weeks to come over and look at your 6 and collect the wing jig.  
thanks again
steve

IP Logged
David  Richard
RV Moderator

RV-8A QB  slowly
converting to a slow
build!!!!

Reply #3 - 27.11.2009 at 23:15:47

Hi Steve,

The DRT2 thingy mebob is great and gives fabulous results for skins etc. but you will also need a hand squeezer for rib/edges in addition to the pneumatic that I know you already have.

Glad that you started to go!

Regards

David

RV-8A Fuse/Finish kit/Engine
WWW   IP Logged
steve beard
YaBB Newbies

rebuilding RV6

Reply #4 - 21.12.2009 at 19:52:17

hi david
thanks for the reply, i am going to get a avery hand squeezer as i am told that i can use the yokes in my pneumatic squeezer. On a different note can anybody tell me if i can use the new pre-drilled gear legs in my old mount (1989)which i am rebuilding and should i use a pair as only one of mine is slightly bent

IP Logged
bobpipedream
YaBB Newbies

RV6 - the long walk

Reply #5 - 22.12.2009 at 09:47:38

Hi Steve,

Not connected to dimple dies, but if you want the wing jig, I am finished with it now.

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print