Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
UK Vans RV Forum
Welcome to the UK Vans RV Pilots & Builders Forum.
03.05.2024 at 22:38:49
News: New board SHIPPING added to help RV builders manage their shipping from Vans.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Scots Builders ? (Read 3135 times)
Ian_Sweetland
YaBB Newbies

Starting RV7
Quickbuild

Scots Builders ?
09.03.2010 at 16:06:49

Hi  All

Just a note to introduce myself as a newbie RV7 builder based just north of Glasgow near Loch Lomond.  Empennage kit in the garage at the moment but workshop and tools still to be organised.
I have not been able to make contact with the WofScotland Strut which seems to have disappeared.  But I would be interested to know of any other builders in the central belt for mutual help etc.

And particularly interested to meet any intending builders within a short travel of my location as my build buddy has just had a change of heart.

Ian

IP Logged
Mark Browning

RV-7 I0360 G-IVII
 Flying, Built
G-LNNE

Re: Scots Builders ?
Reply #1 - 12.03.2010 at 22:58:23

Hello Ian and welcome to the RV forum..

I don’t know builders in your area however vans originally supplied me with a list UK of builders that I found really useful. It may be worth asking vans for this List I guarantee that someone will be building close to you.
If you need to ask any specific questions or advice there are plenty of us who have built already that will be able to help you, all you need to do is ask.  Wink

Best regards  
Mark  

Email   IP Logged
Ian_Sweetland
YaBB Newbies

Starting RV7
Quickbuild

Re: Scots Builders ?
Reply #2 - 10.09.2010 at 20:52:47

Hi again

An update - I ordered the rest of the RV7 kit today - Quickbuild as it looks like I will be going it alone.  Better make some progress with the empennage which means I had better shift that motorbike so I can finish the oither bike rebuild to get enough space to work.....lol

The trip to Sywell last weekend was really informative - amongst other things - I do fit the cockpit on a 7 - it was a wee bit cramped in Dave's 6.  Must remember to put the pedals at full extension and leave out the booster cushion.

The finsh on some of the RV's was incrediable and a real inspiration (ok even if I am now only doing half the work - lol) and the chat with some owners was equally informative - thanks

No doubt I will be leaning on your collected experiences to avid some of the gotchas and also as I don't have enough cover left to indulge in too much head scratching.

I could't find the edit profile button to update the status - any clues anyone ?

I'd still like to hear from any intending or indeed experienced builders in Scotland.

Ian

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print