Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
UK Vans RV Forum
Welcome to the UK Vans RV Pilots & Builders Forum.
03.05.2024 at 21:04:08
News: Welcome to the UK Vans Builder & Pilot Forum. Here you will be able to contact past and present RV builders.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
elevator adjustment (Read 3052 times)
simpleflying
YaBB Newbies

RV6 Slowbuild IO-320
Sensenitch fixed
pitch

elevator adjustment
01.02.2011 at 21:39:07

Help| I need some advice about the elevator travel on my RV6 which is approaching completion (!) Having set the control column up as directed (with -.5 degees forward of vertical), and pinned the bellcrank in the vertical and adjusted the elevator neutral, I don't have much forward stick movement available before hitting the F604 flange. Overall I seem to have about 35 degrees of stick movement amd I need 45Degrees total (Min 25 up and 20 down).

The only thing which occurs to me is that the cut out for the sticks in the F639 and F640 seat panels which hook over the rear flange of F604 have a hole with more forward movement. When these panels are in place, there is a section of F604 flange showing in the cutout which, if removed, would give adequate forward stick movement.

Since the F639/F640 panels come factory bent and with the cut out made, it seems logical to trim the flange to fit, otherwise why is the cutout not the same shape as the flange?. However, I cannot find any reference to this in my plans and I'm very reluctant to trim this flange without some certainty!

Any thoughts please?

Neil Rawlinson
Email   IP Logged
steve beard
YaBB Newbies

rebuilding RV6

Re: elevator adjustment
Reply #1 - 06.02.2011 at 11:43:40

hi neil, i will take a photo of my cut out of the control stick and send it to you so you can compare.

cheers

steve

IP Logged
simpleflying
YaBB Newbies

RV6 Slowbuild IO-320
Sensenitch fixed
pitch

Re: elevator adjustment
Reply #2 - 10.02.2011 at 19:54:19

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the offer, but I think I've got it sorted! .I emailed Vans and they replied today.

Neil Rawlinson
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print