Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
UK Vans RV Forum
Welcome to the UK Vans RV Pilots & Builders Forum.
14.05.2024 at 08:26:18
News: Welcome to the RV (UK) Forum, Registration with proper names keeps forum friendly. Wink
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Where to get more pop rivets? (Read 4439 times)
Tristan Murphy
YaBB Newbies

RV7 Emp and Wings
completed, fuel
tanks to seal

Where to get more pop rivets?
17.10.2011 at 12:09:46

Hi all, I need some more LP4-3 pop rivets for my RV 7 Emp.  Can anyone give me an idea of where best to get them in the UK?  Vans is the obvious answer and will be my fallback but that will be very expensive for such small items.  If anyone knows where to get them from in the UK I would be very grateful.
Thanks all.

Email   IP Logged
Mark Albery

RV-8 G-RRVV

Re: Where to get more pop rivets?
Reply #1 - 17.10.2011 at 18:38:48

Suggest you try Gloster Air Parts; Pete and Diana have most of the regular RV hardware bits in stock. LAS Aero are the other port of call.
Most builders have several left over after construction, so you may find some offerings from someone's 'bits box'.

Email   IP Logged
Tristan Murphy
YaBB Newbies

RV7 Emp and Wings
completed, fuel
tanks to seal

Reply #2 - 17.10.2011 at 20:21:06

Hi Mark,
Thanks for that but my thinking was exactly along those lines so I called Diana and they haven't any in stock.  LAS have plenty of them but don't have them under the same designation as Vans use.  I have contacted Vans to get the other designations of the LP4-3 but have had no joy so far.
Cheers

Email   IP Logged
Mark Albery

RV-8 G-RRVV

Reply #3 - 17.10.2011 at 22:16:02

The Cherry MSP-43 would be an acceptable substitute. It's a bit higher grade; same steel shank, but a Monel rather than an aluminium head with better corrosion resistance and strength.  

Or find an RV-12 builder who wouldn't miss the odd hundred LP4-3s!

Email   IP Logged
Tristan Murphy
YaBB Newbies

RV7 Emp and Wings
completed, fuel
tanks to seal

Reply #4 - 17.10.2011 at 22:53:03

Mark
You're a star, thank you very much.
Cheers

Email   IP Logged
Tristan Murphy
YaBB Newbies

RV7 Emp and Wings
completed, fuel
tanks to seal

Reply #5 - 18.10.2011 at 19:21:17

So as to complete the thread and act as guidance for anyone else who needs some more LP4-3 pop rivets:
I have sought and costed out the alternate pop rivets in the UK and found that, even with P&P from the US, the Vans pop rivets are far more cost effective at 5c each so have placed an order through the website. However, I am sure that Gloster Air Parts would have been competitively priced had they had some in stock.

Moderators: I'm happy for you to delete the thread/post or leave it up for information for others.

Cheers

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print