Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
UK Vans RV Forum
Welcome to the UK Vans RV Pilots & Builders Forum.
06.05.2024 at 13:08:37
News: Welcome to the RV (UK) Forum, Registration is manual to keep away spammers.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Re: HMRC and Import Agent (Read 3073 times)
Andy Hill
YaBB Newbies

RV-8 G-HILZ flying,
RV-3 G-HILI building
(slowly!)

Re: HMRC and Import Agent
05.02.2012 at 15:38:59

Hi Alan...

There is much discussion over this on RVSqn, and even there, seems to be some splintering into different groups / ways of tackling this.

I should go there and read the posts, and take it from there.  I'll not say much more here since I made a long post there, but in summary, as you say, a well thought through joint approach has the be the best way ahead  Wink

Andy

Email WWW   IP Logged
Alan_McIvor
YaBB Newbies

Why not describe
your RV construction
experience?

Reply #1 - 05.02.2012 at 16:35:31

Thanks very much for the reply. My apologies to all, I should have searched the rest of the site before making my post. I will catch up however.
Many thanks
Alan

IP Logged
Tim Spurge
YaBB Newbies

Why not describe
your RV construction
experience?

Reply #2 - 08.02.2012 at 11:06:30

Hi
I am building an RV7 , and have received the same letter regarding VAT.
Since I live close to Felixstowe where Big Misters was based, I had access get hold of Jon Woods. Please do not hold your breath, but I was informed that the VAT liability will be met by the various agents, whose name is in the first paragraph of the latest HMRC letter. I was told that this payment would take place on Friday this week.
It is important that all affected kit builders  file a written appeal about their letters, since it is my belief that HMRC have applied their scatter gun approach to obtaining the money, and would readily take the same payment twice if offered.

A word of caution to those who wish to publicly air their displeasure about Big Misters. If everything else fails, BM have an insurance policy to cover their outstanding liabilities, which should eventually mean that no kit builder will have to pay twice. However, that insurance policy could fail to pay out where there is evidence of criminality.
Since BM has gone into liquidation, following with this process is our best option to rectify the situation.
I will keep a close watch on events, and post further information as/if it happens.
Tim Spurge Great Oakley Airfield

Just starting on an RV7 empenage
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print