Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
UK Vans RV Forum
Welcome to the UK Vans RV Pilots & Builders Forum.
03.05.2024 at 20:12:31
News: Welcome to the RV (UK) Forum, Registration with proper names keeps forum friendly. Wink
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
RV9A QB Wing Build (Read 5032 times)
Peter_Eckersley
YaBB Newbies

Why not describe
your RV construction
experience?

RV9A QB Wing Build
17.04.2011 at 21:57:07

Any RV9 QB wing build advice out there ? When fitting the W921 Flap Gap Fairing the access to the rear wing spar is closed off as the top wing skins and bottom inborad skin are already rivetted on. I can get to a few at each end via holes in the ribs, but the ones in the middle look a bit tricky....am I missing the obvious answer ?  
all QB build advice appreciated, thanks, Pete.

Email   IP Logged
Peter_Eckersley
YaBB Newbies

Why not describe
your RV construction
experience?

Re: RV9A QB Wing Build
Reply #1 - 18.04.2011 at 22:31:22

Found the answer ! Embedded in DWG14 is a statement to use specified blind rivets if you have a QB - didnt think my arms could fit in there !

Email   IP Logged
Rob Dobney
RV Moderator

Reply #2 - 20.04.2011 at 20:37:36

I have found on many an occasion that re-reading the plans/instructions for the 20th time can reveal the answer.......but normally that occurs after I have cocked it up!!!!

Ex RV4 shareholder, RV8 G-DOBS now flying! OTBD/OTHH ATCO
Email   IP Logged
Mark Browning

RV-7 I0360 G-IVII
 Flying, Built
G-LNNE

Reply #3 - 21.04.2011 at 21:55:08

Quote from Rob Dobney on 20.04.2011 at 20:37:36:
I have found on many an occasion that re-reading the plans/instructions for the 20th time can reveal the answer.......but normally that occurs after I have cocked it up!!!!

And so say all of us !! Grin

Email   IP Logged
Rob Dobney
RV Moderator

Reply #4 - 22.04.2011 at 16:41:22

The most recent example was spending hours making a wing attach bracket & wondering how to get 4 out of the 1 piece of metal. Subsequently discovered I had made an 8A bracket instead of the 8!!! Only needed 2!!!

Email   IP Logged
Mike Newall

A330 Capt, Builder,

Reply #5 - 22.04.2011 at 19:23:50

Go on the forums, particularly VAF.

Locate guys who are blogging their build - subscribe, support with a donation if appropriate because it really does pay benefits.

I bought Dan's CD, I bought Walter Tondu a very nice Japanese dinner and a bottle of Grey Goose that he magically changed into Martini's but that is another story......

Seriously, network, ask, watch, partake.

To be able to log onto a site, see a snap and understand what is required in a fraction of the time and expense is a benefit.

We have some great guys over here, but with the bigger numbers in the US, it is inevitable that the majority of correspondents will be Colonial.

7 Flying !, 8 in both workshops. Next one will be quicker, simpler, better. But they all say that, don't they ?
Email   IP Logged
Rob Dobney
RV Moderator

Reply #6 - 24.04.2011 at 14:15:27

I have been doing that Mike, but I thought 'wing brackets? piece of cake'!!! Oh whadda a mistaka ta maka!!!! LOL!!

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print